IMPORTANT 5R110W INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
• The external transmission filter is located inside the frame rails on the passenger side of the truck (crawl under front passenger side of truck and look above leaf springs/behind the radiator).
• Place an oil drain pan below the filter housing, then remove the external transmission filter using a 22mm socket.
• Remove and discard the external transmission filter housing o-ring/gasket.
• Separate the old transmission filter and the spring loaded magnetic base. Discard the used filter; it should be treated as an oil filter and appropriately recycled.
• Thoroughly clean both sides of the magnet, removing all metallic debris that it has collected. The magnet is encased in a plastic housing, so do not use harsh solvents to clean it (i.e. brake cleaner, carb cleaner) as it will damage the plastic.
• Apply a light coating of ATF to the new filter o-ring/gasket, then install it in place.
• Attach the magnetic filter base to the new transmission filter. The nipple on the base inserts into the filter element (top and bottom of the filter element are identical) and then the assembly installs into the housing with the spring seating into the indentation on the bottom of the housing.
• Reinstall the external filter assembly.