This billet aluminum transmission crossmember provides unique G Force styling with the strength of billet. Designed as a direct replacement for 1979-1993 fox bodies, it provides clearance for dual exhaust systems. There is no welding with the G Force design. Transmission locations are secured by self-locking stainless steel sets. The billet aluminum construction eliminates the OEM style spongy rubber inserts, and bolts in solid for a chassis stiffening assembly. This crossmember provides a level of function that is equal to it s great looks and styling.
(direct bolt-in for vehicles built since 1982 with a 4-1/2? dimension between the crossmember mounting brackets. Earlier vehicles with the 2-3/4? dimension are accommodated by relocating the brackets.)
Purchase transmission mount separately.
Purchase crossmember bolts separately.
1: the RCMFB crossmember is installed with the taller exhaust clearance hump on the passenger side of the vehicle.
2: important note: the RCMFB requires an aftermarket transmission mount that utilizes bolts rather than studs. The G-Force Performance transmission mount p/n FMTM is shipped with longer bolts to accommodate the billet crossmember construction.
3: also fits these fox body vehicles:
- 1978-1983 Ford Fairmont & future, (1978-1981 have 2-3/4? brackets)
- 1978-1983 Mercury zephyr, (1978-1981 have 2-3/4? brackets)
- 1979-1993 Ford Mustang, (1979-1981 have 2-3/4? brackets)
- 1979-1986 Mercury capri, (1979-1981 have 2-3/4? brackets)
- 1980-1988 Ford Thunderbird
- 1980-1988 Mercury Cougar
- 1980-1981 Ford Durango
- 1981-1982 Ford granada, (2-3/4? brackets)
- 1983-1986 Ford ltd, fox chassis
- 1983-1986 Mercury marquis, fox chassis